September – June: 7:30 A.M -3:30 PM
July – August: 8 AM – 3:30 PM
Mark Your Calendar
Upcoming Deadlines – coming soon
Upcoming College Trips – coming soon
Request Your Transcripts (link to google doc)
Meet Your Counselor
Michelle Lewis – Students Last Names (A-K)
518-694-5300 ext. 115
Dana Kamer – Students Last Names (L-Z)
518-694-5300 ext. 114
College Board is providing weekend SAT or SAT Subject Test administrations every month through the end of the calendar year, beginning in August. This includes a new SAT administration on September 26, and the previously scheduled tests on August 29, October 3, November 7, and December 5. College Board will also add a test date in January 2021 if there is a demand for it. Please note that as the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to evolve, College Board will continue to monitor the situation and will let students know if circumstances change closer to the test dates.
Remote Supports for AP Students and Teachers
We’re providing free resources to support remote learning, and we’re working on a plan for students to take AP Exams from home.
Register here for the SAT: www.collegeboard.org/sat
Click here for more information on the SAT: www.collegeboard.org
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid Info
- Once you finalize your college applications, the next step is to apply for financial aid. You will need to create a FSA ID as well as ONE parent. This is done to protect your information as well as give you the right to sign the FAFSA electronically. You can start this by visiting https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/account-info
- Once you receive your ID verification, the next step is to visit https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
- For select private colleges, you will have to submit the CSS Profile. Please visit https://cssprofile.collegeboard.org/ for a listing of colleges that require this additional financial form.
- Please remember to input your correct email address as this is the only form of communication FAFSA will use.
- Initially, you can list up to 10 colleges on the FAFSA. You can add more once it is processed (in 3 days). Simply log back into your FAFSA account, delete the colleges and add your new choices.
- For the FAFSA, you will be using prior year income tax.. If you had any special financial/personal question please contact the Financial Aid office at EACH college!
REMEMBER TO STOP AT THE FAFSA CONFIRMATION PAGE! CLICK THE RECTANGLE BOX IN THE LOWER LEFT HAND CORNER TO LINK WITH THE NYS TAP APPLICATION. If you miss it, then go directly to https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/apply-for-financial-aid/nys-tap.html
- For the NYS TAP Grant, you must apply separately once you have submitted the FAFSA. Apply at https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/apply-for-financial-aid/nys-tap.html
- You are encouraged to file and complete the FAFSA sooner than later as government funds are allocated on a first come, first serve basis. Recommended deadline to submit: January 15th-February 1st
- The Excelsior Scholarship for NYS Public Colleges will be available in late spring 2020. Go to: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/the-excelsior-scholarship.html
- The STEM Incentive Scholarship is available now for high achieving students interested in pursuing a STEM major. Go to: https://www.hesc.ny.gov/pay-for-college/financial-aid/types-of-financial-aid/nys-grants-scholarships-awards/nys-science-technology-engineering-and-mathematics-stem-incentive-program.html
- Undocumented Students: Please look into the NYS DREAM ACT APPLICATION which can give you opportunity to receive state grants if you qualify. https://www.hesc.ny.gov/dream/